Sunday, May 06, 2007

Feeling like real missionaries

On the days we have language school we have to take the children to and from childcare. Rich is taking our youngest son strapped to his back and our oldest on the child seat. We thought the days when it got to 40 degrees plus were hard, but rainy days can be an effort as these photos demonstrate. We felt like 'real gungho missionaries' for once.

Tonight I took our eldest son our for dinner at the night market for dinner. The skies were a little grey but we were only going out for 15 minutes so I thought it would be o.k. When we got to the night market it started to bucket down with rain. We had dinner under the cover of a tarpaulin sheet waiting for the rain to stop but it kept on raining. Soon, my feet were covered with 10cm of rain. It was starting to get dark so when the rain eased a little I put my son on the bike seat and started off home in the rain. The road was flooded so it was hard going. I was glad to get home, drenched but safe. I made it sound like it was a great adventure to my son so he enjoyed the experience.
  • Please pray for safety as we take our children around town on our bicycles.
  • Please pray for wisdom as to whether we should get a car sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mate, buy the car!

It's a no brainer!

It won't compromise your toughness as missos! you have already proved your worth!

Scott

Anonymous said...

can we have some of your rain?
you can keep the heat though...

hang in there Rich and Lisa,

James