
We arrived in Penang on Sunday afternoon and checked into the 'ghotel' a newly opened hotel. This was organised and paid for by a kind friend from our church as a birthday present for Lisa. The hotel was right next to a big shopping center which was fantastic.

The main purpose of our short visit was to apply for and collect our long term visas. So Monday morning at 8:30am Rich went to the Thai Embassy and started filling out a visa application form. By 9am when the embassy opened there were already around 30 people there all with the same purpose. I had a bit of scare when the official couldn't find my approval letter from the department in Thailand. I made a quick call to the OMF office in Bangkok and they were able to fax over a copy of the approval letter. I was very relieved when we all received our visas the next day.
In summary, Monday morning, applied for our visas. Tuesday afternoon picked up visas. Wednesday morning flew back to Bangkok. Wednesday afternoon bought a car! (more about that latter!).
- Praise God that we finally received our longterm visas!
1 comment:
I'm glad to see that all has turned out well and that the kids are better, you got to go away somewhere nice, and you have new wheels! YAY!
Thinking about and praying for you!!
Clem
Post a Comment