Saturday, June 02, 2007

Uncle's Visit

We had a short visit from Lisa's brother this week and it was great to have him around and for the boys to be able to see him again. They last saw each other just after our second son was born nearly a year ago. If you see the dark marks on the bath tub the children are in, I think that's mold. I went to the supermarket to try to find a cleaning product to remove the mold. Unfortunately I can't read Thai yet. So I made the best guess I could and bought a bottle of cleaning liquid which I hoped would do the job. I splashed the product on the bath and left it for 10 minutes to work. When I went back I was overwhelmed by the fumes in the toilet. From the smell, and the fact that my hands started to sting I looked at the bottle again and saw the chemical symbol for Hydrochloric acid as the major ingredient! It still didn't get rid of the mold though...

No comments: