Thursday, July 19, 2007

Go Socceroos

Australia vs Thailand in the Asian Cup

Watching the game with Edmund from Singapore

One highlight of being in Thailand was going to the Asian Cup match between Australia and Thailand on Monday. It was quite a trip. In summary:-
12:10pm left hone in Lopburi.
1:50pm Arrived in North Bangkok where I parked the car.
2:00pm Taxi to a nearby shopping centre
2:15pm Minivan to the the Stadium.
3:20pm Picked up tickets at stadium.
3:30pm Went to a shopping centre to pass time. Watched a movie.
6:45pm - Motocycle taxi to Stadium.
7:35pm - Game begins
9:20pm Left game 7 minutes to full time after Australia scored their third go to miss traffic. 9:30pmTaxi back to car.
12:30am Finanlly arrived home.
Unfortunately, when I returned to my car after the game I discovered this parking ticket on my windscreen. I didn't even see the sign, though I'm only just learning to read Thai so I wouldn't have understood it anyway. Now have to return to Bangkok to go to the police station to pay the fine within 7 days. Good thing, we were due to go to Bankgok this Friday on our way to Chiang Mai.

No comments: