Our son's teacher mentioned something about a photo of our son but I didn't really understand what she was saying. We only ever understand less than half of what she says as she tends to speak at a normal pace (which is a bit too fast for us) and using formal words. She pointed outside the school to the left and to the right. So when I left the school I kept an eye out for what she might have meant. Then I saw it, a couple of blocks away from the school on one of the bigger roads leading to a bridge.
The banner advertising our son's school
On closer inspection: Our son is on the leftIt might have been nice if the school had asked us our permission before plastering our son's face on two huge banners. It is very common in Thailand to use foreign children in advertising for Thai schools. The girl on the right is in our son's class and her father is foreign and her mother's is Thai. At least our son isn't blond haired and blue eyed or he'd really stand out and people might actually recognise him from these banners.
No comments:
Post a Comment