Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekly Routine

 Birthday Invitation for our son's upcoming party

Since coming back to Thailand in mid-May, after 3 months our family has established a routine of sorts.

I take the boys to school usually in the mornings with our daughter in toe. Our daughter is at the very cute age and draws lots of giggles from the students as she waves to them goodbye each morning.

Then on Monday and Friday mornings I have 2 hours of Thai study with my language helper. I’m so glad to have finally found a language helper, and have these two sessions locked in.  When things get busy language study can be the first thing which gets left undone. I try to have at least another 1 or 2 sessions of language study by myself during the week if possible.

Thursday mornings we have a team meeting. Friday afternoon I prepare my English lesson for my Saturday morning English class. Sunday mornings we are at church. Once or twice a month I’ll get up before dawn to play golf with a group to doctors and my friends Kawano finishing before 9am to leave plenty of time to get back for church. Sunday afternoons we alternate between a team BBQ and an open BBQ for all our Thai friends.

Three afternoons a week I take our eldest son to Taekwondo during which I have an hour to chat with the other parents many of who have children in the same class as our son. If we can we try to get to the park once a week to meet new people though lately this has not been possible.

Any spare time, we will try to meet up with our Thai friends or try to keep up with the back log of admin. This is a typical week when we don’t have any special activities on. Next Sunday we will have our middle son’s 4th Birthday so we’ll be busy preparing for that this week.

It doesn’t sound like much but somehow we find ourselves up until 11pm most nights trying to get things done. I’m looking forward to finishing my formal language in the next year or so the possibilities this will open up to do other things which we don’t have time for now.

No comments: