Sunday, September 12, 2010

Water Tank & Pump installed

For the last two years we’ve endured varying levels of low water pressure in our house, especially upstairs where during the evening when we want to bath the kids, the water pressure is too low for the water heater to work. So this has meant using the downstairs bathroom (which is smaller) and going upstairs to get the kids clothes. Somedays, the water only trickles during the day throughout the house (during the dry season).

Now that we’ve decided not to move house, it was time to get a water tank and pump installed.
On Monday the installers came in the early afternoon and at 5pm they said that they’ll be back tomorrow to finish the job. They hadn’t finishing installing the pipes or connecting the pump with electricity. I told them to come at the same time as I was busy in the afternoon. So the next day I’m waiting at home for them to come but they still haven’t come at 3:20pm so I give the store a call. “Sorry, the installers are busy with another job. They can’t come today”. I thought “you could have at least called me” though I didn’t say it.

The next afternoon they came (late) and when they had finished the job, the pump kept turning on every 10 seconds even though none of the taps were on. “There’s a leak in the pipes under the ground somewhere”, the installer said. So they would need to come back tomorrow to install new pipes.
Anyway, by the end of the week, everything was done and now we don’t have to wake up and go downstairs to have a shower which is nice. The water pressure is greeaaaat!

As a point of interest, the installers had this bag full of joints for the pipes. They dumped them on the ground and whenever they needed a particular joint they would search for it. I didn’t think it was a very efficient way of doing it really. What if they use up a couple of the joints and then forget to replace that particular size. They would need to go back all the way to the store to get another one.

No comments: