Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Visit to Orphanage


James 1:27
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.


This week our team had an opportunity to visit a local orphanage in Lampang. The temple where our team members teach English on Sunday afternoons was being used for the national elections so we couldn’t teach there. So it was suggested to our team that we go visit the orphanage instead.

It’s hard to believe but I’ve never been to an orphanage before in my life. That really surprised me. Why haven’t I ever visited an orphanage? It’s not as if it’s hard to miss the Bible’s emphasis on caring for orphans (or the fatherless).

It was hard to imagine these beautiful children not having a mother or father. My heart went out to them. I’ll be looking to make more opportunities to visit this orphanage in the future and hopefully adding a little to their lives for the brief time we are there.

No comments: