Thursday, December 04, 2014

Mormans in Lampang


We were back in Lampang last weekend and we went to the Saturday walking market for dinner.  I saw these two mormons and I tried to avoid them by going into a shop and pretending to look at the merchandise.  However, they were not to be deterred and one followed me into the shop and tried to strike up a conversation with me.  He tried to speak to me in Thai (assuming I was Thai) but I replied in English telling him that I'm not Thai.  Immediately his next question was to ask me if I wanted to come to church tomorrow.  I said, sorry, that I would be going to another church where I would be preaching.

So that was the end of the conversation.  When I peaked over my shoulder to see what they were doing next I saw them praying together right in the middle of the market.  I couldn't hear what they were praying but it looked like they were asking for God's help in finding someone responsive at the market (as they hadn't had any success while I'd be observing them).

Although I can't agree with their teaching, I wished someone of the people in our own churches had the same commitment and zeal for outreach.

No comments: