Thursday, July 14, 2016

ST4T - Storying Training for Trainers


I've been doing a lot of reading and researching on Church Planting Movements (CPMs) in the last couple of months.  There are so much resources out there, but I was particularly looking for one that was simple, reproducible and effective.  The S-T4T (Storying Training for Trainers) method is the closest I've come to what I've been looking for.  What I liked about it was it had a clear process from the initial conversation to sharing your testimony and then into Bible storying or discipleship.   I was fortunate enough to have an opportunity to meet the person who helped develop S-T4T as he had meetings in Chiang Mai last week and I was able to ask him some of the question that I had.  He said that the manual which I had download was an outline but to really understand and apply the strategy you really needed to attend a training and see it action.  

What I like about S-T4T is that takes the best principles from T4T (Training for Trainers) and applies it to an oral context (those who prefer not to learn from written materials) and using Bible Storying as its backbone.

Unfortunately, as with other Church Planting Movement (CPM) strategies, there is yet to be a CPM started in Thailand using S-T4T or any other method which has been verifiable.

You can find more information about S-T4T on their website.  http://www.st4t.org/

My prayer and hope is that before I leave Thailand I will have either been a catalyst to or have seen a CPM in Thailand.

No comments: