I was on my morning
ride and part way into my ride when I realized I forgot my helmet. I thought it
would be ok as I had never been in an accident before and it was hassle to ride
back home and get it. What were the chances
of being in an accident.
But 15min later I
was riding in on a 2-lane forest road and a motorcycle slammed into me from
behind at full speed and I was thrown of my bike onto the road. I landed first
on my bottom which took the brunt of the fall and it my head on the road but
not too heavily. I was in a lot of pain
initially rolling around and moaning on the road. The motorcyclist had slammed into me so hard
that he fell on the road as well. The
crash must have made quite a sound as the two cyclists who were about 30 metres
of so ahead of my had turned around and came back to see if I was ok and help
me. After a few minutes I was able to
stand up gingerly. One of the cyclists
handed me by glasses which fortunately were not broken. Another cyclist who was behind me stopped the
traffic from behind and gave advice that I should get the kid’s details who
slammed into me.
So I took a photo
of his ID card. He was only 16 years old
and his motorbike didn’t even have a license plate. I have no ID how he could
have slammed into me like that. I was
riding on the side of the road. I don’t
think that I was riding around a corner.
He must have speeding or perhaps using his phone? I didn’t really have a chance to ask him what
happened. I think I must have been in a
state of shock. The other cyclists were
really nice and helpful which I was grateful for. They asked if I could still ride and I said I
could. My bicycle’s hand bar was off
centre, the seat wobbled up and down and the gears were not working properly
initially but I was able to make it back home.
My bottom and back
are pretty sore and there will be quite a bit of bruising tomorrow but
otherwise I don't think anything major. I am really thankful to God as it could
have been a lot worse especially as I was stupid enough not to wear a helmet. If he had slammed directly into my leg or
landed on an outstretched arm there could have been broken bones for sure or
even a serious head injury.
My son was in tears
(not so much for his dad's accident) but that I'd damaged his birthday present
(his new bike only a week old). Later on
though he was much more concerned about my injuries.
I hope to try to
meet up with the kid who crashed into me. I want to get to know him better and see if
there is an opportunity to share the gospel with him. Show him that I’m not angry with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment