Friday, November 30, 2018

The Unstoppable Dr Henry

Dr Henry giving a tract to the waitress serving our table

I am privileged to be in Thailand at a time that Dr Henry is still ministering in Thailand.  Dr Henry is 86 years old and has been serving in Thailand for 53 years.  He was a medical doctor and linguist and has been involved in medical work, church planting and Bible teaching.  He was one of the founders of Bangkok Bible Seminary (BBS) and currently teaches at Chiang Mai Theological Seminary.  I would say without doubt that he is most respected missionary in Thailand today.  

For 40 years he has been going to a park in Chiang Mai on Sunday afternoon to hand out tracts.  Last week at our lunch after our monthly prayer meeting, he was handing out tracts to the waiting staff at the resturant.  He did this the last time I was at a resturant with him.  I don't usually give out many tracts, but Dr Henry inspired me and I've had the opportunity to hand out several tracts this week.

Dr Henry's most well known saying is "No Bible, No Breakfast" and he has been following this motto for over 50 years.  I would say that his commitment to God's word and his disciplined life has been one of the reasons why he has been able to last in ministry so long.

Missionaries these days are so different to those like Dr Henry.  


No comments: