Thursday, November 02, 2006

Worm Farming

I promised people that I'd be posting photos of my worm farm so here they are!
Can-O-Worms - available at K-Mart

(click on the photo to zoom in on the worms and see them better)
The funny thing about worm farming is that when you meet other worm farmers you have an instant bond with them as you share your worm farming stories and tales of woe when the worms perished in heavy rain or were fried in last summer's heat wave. I've converted one couple at church into worm farming.

Why do you need a worm farm? Because it means less rubbish going to landfill; you create free fertiliser and pot mix; and because its FUN! You don't need to have a garden. If you live in an apartment, your balcony will do just fine. If you need some worms send me an email in February 2007 (by then my worms would have multiplied to a good number)

No comments: