
An unavoidable consequence of going overseas as a missionary is that you have to sort through everything in your life into three piles. Store, Sell, Throw away. I (Rich) am going through all the letters which I wrote in my teenage and uni days. I used to be a prolific letter writer the bulk of which seemed to be written to girls (maybe they were better letter writers?). It is a very slow process. I have hundreds of letters. For those who've written to me more than a couple of times, I'm sorting these letters to give back to the persons who wrote them. I'm sure they'd be interested in what things occupied their minds over a decade ago.

These are the letters which haven't made it and are being thrown out. I'm recognising that you can't keep all your memories and you need to make room for the new memories which are being created in the moment.
- Praise God for past friendships. Pray that God will help us to form new ones in Thailand.
- Please pray for the process of sorting out our lives and getting ready to God (Only 3 months now!)
No comments:
Post a Comment