Saturday, December 23, 2006

Immunisations: Very expensive and Painful

Luca and I had our first series of vaccinations yesterday. Luca has to have 11 injections all up! I went first and had my Japanese Encephalitis and Rabies vaccinations to show Luca that it was all o.k. Seeing me have my vaccinations he even said "My Turn" and got a little upset when the doctor didn't get his needle ready quickly enough. After his first injection though, he wasn't so keen and the next three shots were much more traumatic, especially the last one where he was able to get his hand from under my grip and he pulled the needle out! Therefore, the doctor had to do the last one again. Poor kid. Poor mum and dad too. Vaccinations are not cheap. Japanese Encephalitis is $300 and so is Rabies. For Luca and I, it has cost over $1400 for our vaccinations so far.
  • Please pray that the remaining vaccinations will be given without too much trauma.
  • Please pray for the health of our children. Luca had a bad viral illness this week which meant one trip to the emergency department at 4am on Wednesday morning.

No comments: