This time tomorrow we should be in the air on the way to Singapore. Have we finished packing our bags? No! (So what am I doing writing on our blog I hear you ask?). This morning we started packing our bags in earnest. We didn't meet our goal of having our bags packed by the end of the morning. I rang Singapore Airlines and confirmed what I read last night on their website that our son has 20kg of check in luggage and 7 kg of hand carry! Great! Also, I joined Kris Flyer the rewards program for Singapore Airlines so that I could check in my internet. Now we already have our boarding pass before getting to the airport. Technology is moving. Rang our other OMF friends going on the same flight to tell them about it so that they could choose seats near us. Excited? Yes, running on adrenaline as we've had late nights all week packing. Scared. Definitely. A bunch of letters just came in the mail. More change of address letters to write. Need to ring the electoral office to see if we need to vote in the upcoming elections. Better get back to packing ....
- Please pray that we don't forget anything important (like my passport) and that things will go smoothly tomorrow.
- Please pray that the children will travel well tomorrow.
- Please pray that I will be able to hold it together at the airport with more emotional goodbyes.
2 comments:
R&L - Funny how God works some times...I tried to email you a couple of weeks ago and it bounced. Hmmmm, lost you...Then on Sunday I was reading a Presy mission bulletin, and there you were (I think you go today!), and then I go blog-chasing and find you guys here. Wonderfully encouraging to see/read all your adventures and the journey ahead. Add us to your prayer list, because we'll be praying for you in Thailand. Godspeed and God bless, Bay
Bon Voyage! It was good to be able to see you guys off today. You did so well emotionally! Well done. I'll be praying for you guys and praying that you all settle in to life in Thailand well and that the kids will adapt quickly. I'm looking forward to skypeing more!
I hope Singapore Airlines is doing a good job!
Post a Comment