Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Teacher

This is my teacher and the classroom where I have been spending 5 days a week for the last 2 months having my lessons. I'm up to model 3 out of 9 modules to be completed within our first year. It's great having one of one lessons as I can go at my own pace and ask questions without fearing what other people might think. We have several teachers at the language centre and my teacher is one of them. We were talking about weddings and funeral's today and I found out the Buddhist funeral takes about 3-5days. One language blunder was when my teacher asked me what I would do to help people become Christians and I said that I would go home (I thought she asked me what would I do if many people in Thailand were Christians! If there were many Christians in Thailand I wouldn't need to be here).
  • Praise God that my teacher and I get along well and that she has been helping me progress in learning Thai
  • Please pray my teacher may get a greater understanding of Jesus through her work at the language centre interacting with Christian students.

1 comment:

S&L said...

Hi Rich & Lisa,
Great to read your blog.
We actually went to a Buddhist funeral in Thailand last month. It did go for 5 days (we weren't there the whole time!). It was interesting, but also a little sad, to see what they do and believe.
Hope the language learning is going well!
Lara