Friday, October 05, 2007

Day in a life of a new missionary - 8:50am

Over the next couple of weeks I want to show you some pictures of a normal day for me at the moment. Perhaps you could pray for them (and for me) that we may be able to have the opportunity to have deeper conversations and hopefully become friends.

This is my sticky rice lady at the local market. I pretty much go her stall every morning after I drop off the kids at childcare and pick up 5 packets of dried beef and sticky rice and 1 packet of dried pork and sticky rice. I eat one when I get to school and leave them on the morning tea table to share. It costs about 20 cents each. I've had a few conversations with the husband/partner of this lady who also works at the stall but when they are busy selling it is hard to find the time for more than a quick hello and a smile.
Here is my half eaten package from this morning. Very yummy.

No comments: