Thursday, October 18, 2007

False Teacher visits Lopburi

Two Sundays ago we went to meeting organised for a visiting healing preacher from Singapore at a local Lopburi hotel close to where we live. Many of the churches in Lopburi decided to not have their normal Sunday morning services and go to this healing service instead. They didn't organise his coming, but since he was already coming they thought it might support it. Although I didn't understand some of what was going as things were in Thai, the sermon I had no trouble understanding as it was in English and translated in to Thai. The main message of the preacher from a passage in the book of Samuel concerning sacrificial offerings was that we had to give offering to God so that he could bless us and give us miracles. He seem to make out that God needed our offerings to enable his blessing to occur. Jesus was hardly mentioned and of his all sufficient sacrificing and offering of himself which is the most important and significant sacrifice. I could see where the sermon was leading to ... the appeal at the end with offering bags all nicely laid out at the front of the stage. The urge was there a number of times to shout out "Don't listen to this man - what he is teaching is not true". Unfortunately, I don't have the Thai yet to say this, and no one really knows who I am so they'd think I was the crazy one. We didn't have the opportunity to stay around to talk to this man as we had to get the children home. I felt so sad for the Thai Christians getting such terrible teaching and for the Thai pastors who let their congregations sit under this teaching. Please pray that the people who listened to this man have not been lead astray on his account and pray for the Thai pastors that they never let this happen again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read this post. Do you remember the name of the Singapore preacher and the church he's from?

I-Chun

Richard Cho said...

I think his name was Ezekiel Song. Don't know from what church.