Monday, August 04, 2008

Go Golf

My neighbour, Lt Colonel Pratuang (centre), plays golf with his friends in the top photo every Mon, Wed and Friday at the break of dawn. I join them once a week and I enjoy it a lot (apart from getting up at 5am). This is the most golf I've played in my life and I must say my game is improving slowly. This morning I had two "pars" (over 9 holes - it is only a 9 hole course). Apart from being fun, I am speaking Thai and learning words which you wouldn't hear from respectable language helpers. Fortunately, as a member of the course the green fee is only about AU$2.30 (plus caddie fee of $2.30 and an unspoken rule of about $3 caddie tip). It was through one of my golfing grandfathers that we rented our current ministry centre.

Can anyone guess what day it is we are playing from the photo? Each day in Thailand has a special coloured shirt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was looking back at your previous posts and stumbled upon the answer in your entry dated: "Saturday, June 09, 2007"
titled "Long live the King".

It was on a Monday!