
It was our second son's 2nd birthday. We celebrated with just our family at the local pizza restaurant. Unfortunately he didn't get a big party like his brother. I think we were worn out by the last party. Next year...

Today I bought a motorbike. The main reason is that I can get almost 50km per litre of petrol on the motorbike and only 10km per litre in our car. With petrol prices being so high the motorbike will pay for itself before too long. Also, there are very few places to park in Lampang (and most of Thailand really), so having a motorbike can be quite convenient. I just hope I can get the bike registered as my work permit is for Bangkok and we are now in Lampang and that seems to be a problem. The only other time in my life I've riden a motorbike was on our honeymoon and then I went around a corner too fast and fell off with my newlywed sitting behind me (admittedly that was on a dirt track). Hopefully I'll avoid an accidents with this bike. So many missionaries have accidents on their motorbikes and I don't want to be included in those statistics.
No comments:
Post a Comment