This morning we were very annoyed with our neighbour's dogs as they were barking loudly and it was before 6am. After I got up I normally check on Phayu and I couldn't find her in the usual places. Then I discovered her with 6 puppies, having given birth in the garden! I had been training her for the past 2 weeks to give birth in the box I had setup in the outside room. Within the next hour she gave birth to 2 more puppies. The last one (9th) didn't make it as it had stopped growing sometime in the pregnancy.
Unfortunately, blacky #1 didn't make it. Phayu lay on top of him while I was taking the children to school and our househelp answered the yelps of blacky too late. Phayu then started to eat Blacky before I took him away. I waited until the children came home and we buried him in our garden.
Cleaner enviroment of the box I'd prepared (and my old mambo shirt). I don't really know how I'm meant to be taking care of these puppies. Phayu seems to be eating the poos of the puppies so the box is being kept clean? Do I put newspaper in the box and change it each day?It seems that giving away the puppies will not be a problem. Already had plenty of people wanting a puppy. Hopefully I can help Phayu keep most of them alive until abour 6-8 weeks when they can be weaned and given away.

4 comments:
Wwwwooooww!! What a photo that is of them suckling!! Congrats to the new mum! Very sad to hear of the two that didn't breathe for long though ... Wow she's a mum to 7!
Unfortunately I have no idea what to do with newborn puppies. I have no idea what to do with a dog!
Hi, don't know if you remember me (Suzanne Fung) You stayed with me while you were on candidates course.
I just had puppies too 6 weeks ago. Yes it is normal that she is cleaning up after the pups. she will do so for at least 4-5 weeks. You won't need to put anything down for at least a couple of weeks. You will need to make sure the mum is eating a lot of calcium. Especially since she has so many pups she needs to keep up her calcuim otherwise she may go into a fever. If you are able to get her calcuim tablets that would be good if not anything with calcium is good.
Also a little note on the side. I just realised that Jenny is with you. Jenny worked at the daycare I work in. Actually the daycare center is the house you stayed at. We changed it into a daycare centre. Say hello to her for me. Tell her that I've been praying for her and you and your family.
kindest regards
Suzanne Fung
Hahahaha! Small world!!
Hi Suz, Neet here! Lisa's a good friend of mine! Ooh, Ruby had pups??
We need to catch up (as we said we would. I'll email you)!!
Thanks Inside Go Cho for this communication line. Suz is a relative of mine! :)
Hi Suzanne,
Thanks for your message. I let Jenny know.
Rich
Post a Comment