
The North region of Thailand had their Pastors Sports day in Lampang. Pastors from Phayao, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai and other regions came to participate. For the last few months I'd been training with the 'Pastors of Lampang' soccer team getting ready for the big day. When the day game it was a tense affair and it was a knock out competition. If you lost you were out of the tournament. We were against Chiang Mai pastors first. We were down initially but came to level 2-2 by the end of the first half. In the second half we cruised pastedChiang Mai eventually winning 5-2. We fortunately had a bye in the second round and went straight into the final. The opposition scored within about 10 seconds which left us shell shocked. I scored to level at 1 all. We were down 1-2 going into the last minutes of the game when we leveled 2 all. This led to a penalty shoot out. I was up first for the Pastors of Lampang. I meant for the ball to go right of the goal keeper but it went straight at him. Fortunately, the shot squeezed through his legs and into the goal. We ended up winning 2-0 in the penalty shoot out.

Here are some of the more unusual sports
No comments:
Post a Comment