
Our neighbour invited us to their New Year's party. This was our first ever invitation by a Thai person to a party. To get invited into a Thai person home is a big deal so I was chuffed. Some very important people were at the party, but couldn't tell you who they were as I didn't understand the explaination in Thai. Our neighour's son-in-law who is a surgeon couldn't translate the Thai word into English. So even things are lost in translation. That's life right now. We only ever get part of the conversation. I still struggle with the Thai months of the year, even after nearly 2 year! Bit of a problem when I'm at the school trying to work out when the school holidays are.
1 comment:
What a challenge with the language! So lovely to hear you were invited over. Hospitality is such an important thing!
Post a Comment