Tuesday is our designated day off as the Lighthouse is open on Sundays (as the weekends are the days when most non-Christians are free). So we try to go out as a family during the day. Today we went to visit one of the famous temples in Lampang, Wat Chedi Sao. We were all excited as we got out of the cars. The kids and I started playing hide and seek in amongst the 20 shrines. I had finished counting to 10 and started off trying to find our two boys when suddenly I heard lots of barking dogs in the direction of where the boys were hiding. I quickly found the boys and saw about 10 metres away a pack of about 10 stray dogs surrounding a man and barking aggressively. Lisa with our baby daughter made steps to help the man, but I ordered her back to car and I was pulling our two boys in the direction of the car. As we were heading back I saw a monk coming to help the man and chase away the dogs. One dog came in our direction as we were retreating back but stopped. We got back into the car and Lisa was in tears. I didn't have to ask her why. There are very limited places we can take the kids for fun in Lampang and just when we'd thought we'd found another place it's ruined by a pack of dogs. There is no way we are going back there again with the kids.
Before They Reached Bangkok: Gutzlaff, Tomlin, and Psalm 106
-
อ่านบทความนี้เป็นภาษาไทย
On August 23, 1828, the first two Protestant missionaries arrived in
Thailand, Karl Gutzlaff and Jacob Tomlin. Gutzlaff was Germ...
4 days ago

1 comment:
I do pray that God will protect your family from the ferocious dogs. In Taichung, we have a different problem - mozzies biting us and disturbing our sleep. We have killed about 30 since arriving in November 2008.
Post a Comment