Sometimes I wish I could have supernatural powers to tackle the evil forces. Today, it was the driver who wanted more. I went to the biggest hotel in town and organised a driver for our friends to a neighboring province. He said 1500 baht petrol plus 500 baht. 2000 baht all up. It sounded cheap so I was happy with the deal. Turn up in front of our house, Tuesday morning 8:30am. Today (Tuesday) he turns up at 7:40am. "I did say 8:30am didn't I?". "Yes, Yes, I'll wait outside". By then I had to take my son to school. When I rang our friends later in the day, I was shocked to learn that the driver changed his price to 1500 baht, plus petrol costs. He wouldn't say what the petrol price would be before they left. They ended up having to pay 1500 baht in petrol so 3,000 baht all up! I am positive that language was NOT the issue here as we clearly agreed on the total price of 2000 baht. So either the driver was naive and quoted the wrong price and was too ashamed to admit it, or he deliberately quoted a low price so that I'd agree and then force a higher price out of us on the day when it would be too late to organise other transport. Either way not happy (especially for our friends) and it dashed my hopes that I'd found a great driver to call upon to send off our visitors to Chiang Mai or other places.
Before They Reached Bangkok: Gutzlaff, Tomlin, and Psalm 106
-
อ่านบทความนี้เป็นภาษาไทย
On August 23, 1828, the first two Protestant missionaries arrived in
Thailand, Karl Gutzlaff and Jacob Tomlin. Gutzlaff was Germ...
4 days ago
1 comment:
LOVE the photo!! Thanks!!
Hehe! Adorable little superheroes!!
A real shame about the taxi driver. I'd like to think that it was a misunderstanding and not him taking advantage of the situation.
Hugs to all!
Post a Comment