Monday, August 17, 2009

On Dial up

Last week I went to our landlord to have our internet connection cancelled. We discussed the various options and decided to disconnect the internet at our house. Anyway, the next day I come home and I find our ADSL (broadband internet) is down. My first thought was, "Oh, no. He's cut the internet now and didn't wait until we left!". I called him to check my suspicions. Yep. He got his secretary to go and cut off the internet that morning! Urrgghhh. I thought that it was fairly obvious that we would want the internet disconnected after we left. He knew we weren't leaving until the end of the following week.

Even after 2 and half years we still face these situations all too often. Anyway, we are limping on dial-up internet until we leave. Very, sloooooowwwwwwww.

1 comment:

Karl said...

Try not to be discouraged. I still have lots of moments where I wonder what went wrong in the communication. Did I not make myself clear in Thai or the other person understand, smile, and do whatever they wanted anyhow. So hard to know so I try not to worry about it assume the best intentions.

Sorry to hear about dial-up.