Monday, June 14, 2010

Our son's first romantic card

When I checked my eldest son's school bag today I found this card inside.  Our son's first romantic card from a girl in his class (who apparently is his best friend).  O.k. she spelt his name wrong, but English isn't her first language.   Even at such a young age she knew that in matters of love it is best to write in his own heart language.

 

We've been amazed at our son's ability to adapt to change.  He has been in 4 different schools in the last 2 years.  Yet every time he has adjusted and made friends so easily, even when he can't speak the language.  He has such a good attitude.  Last week I saw him taking one of The Lighthouse flyers off the top of the cabinet and I asked him what he was doing.   He replied that he wanted to give the flyers to his friends at school so that they could come and learn about Jesus at The Lighthouse.  Wow! 

Although our eldest son can breeze through change our other two children have found it more difficult.  Our middle son still cries everyday when we drop him off at school and have to leave him.  We hope he settles soon.

No comments: