Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Pulling my hair out

I went to the transport department in Lampang again today to try to renew my motorbike license which had expired while in Australia.  I was there yesterday and they said that I needed a medical certificate before they could renew it.  So I went to the hospital, wait and hour and got the medical certificate.  Today, they advised me that the statuary declaration of my place of residence which I had completed at the Australia embassy in Bangkok last year was only valid for 1 year and therefore 3 months out of date.  I had to get a new one.  That means I either have to drive 6 hours to Bangkok or fly there and then pay another AU$50 to get a new statuary declaration.  It is extremely inconvenient.  I'll nearly pulling my hair out with all the bureaucracy I have to go through to just get simple things done.

Oh by the way, she said, your medical certificate only lasts 30 days.  I don't think I'll get to the embassy within the next 30 days, which will mean another trip to the hospital to get a new medical certificate.  I guess I should be thankful that she at least told me in advance and not when I went back there. 

No comments: