Thursday, July 01, 2010

What! We have a new prime minister?

O.k. For all the Australians in Australia reading this, this is old news already.  But I only found out today that Australia has a new prime minister, and our first woman prime minister.  It happened 5 days ago already!  It shows how out of touch we missionaries can get living away from home.  I can't believe that only 5 days later, it wasn't that obvious on the Sydney Morning Herald online either.  There was a video clip of Julia Gillard (the new prime minster) moving into Prime Minister's office and I thought that's a little old.  Has Kevin Rudd (the deposed prime minister) gone on another one of his overseas trips.  I couldn't believe that she had deposed him (I didn't see it in her and neither did Kevin Rudd or the majority of the nation I'd think).

Stunned.  Unbelievable. Better go and break the news to my wife.  She's think I'm joking for sure.

1 comment:

Phil S said...

Yeah, coups happen in Australia too (they just happen to be non-violent)...
The irony huh. :)