Monday, May 14, 2018

Park Evangelism


On Fridays, a colleague goes to a local park in our city and with a friend tries to have gospel conversations with people in the park.  In the photo above, my colleague is using Bible Stories which have been printed on his cloth in a traditional Thai style.  He shared the story of the prodigal son and had a good conversation with him.

The other missionary, Jim was handing out tracts and there was one couple who took a tract.  When Jim came back that direction, the couple were waiting for him.  The guy was a christian but his girlfriend was not.  He wanted Jim to explain to his girlfriend how to become a Christian so that they could get married.

I was very encouraged to see God at work today.  I'm sure that there would be days when nothing happens and it is not so encouraging but today was a good day.

Then on Sunday morning, I was in the park with my family and we heard some people singing a Christian song.  I went over talked to them and they were a group of young people trying to start a new church in the park.  I had been praying recently that God would lead me to a church plant that I could be involved in and perhaps this could be the answer to that prayer.

No comments: