Yesterday I watched this movie "Best in time" at the local cinema (I didn't know the title of the movie until just now when I was searching for the photo on google). The local cinema only had two movies showing, both in Thai with no subtitles (major reason why in 7 months I've never been to the local cinema). It was this movie or what looked like a B grade ganster movie. This movie would have only been rated PG and there were lots of school children in the cinema. I was terribly shocked then when a trailer for an upcoming horror movie was shown with such violence that I had to turn away for most of the trailer. It was definately R rated. Limbs being chopped off and bodily parts ending up in noodle soup being served up by a pychotic woman running a noddle stand. I read on a forum of a woman taking her two young children to a Disney movie recently and having the same thing happen. So just a warning, if you go to see a movie in Thailand, make sure you arrive 10 minutes late and miss the trailers.The movie was nothing to rave about. Only understanding about 30% of it might have been a factor.
1 comment:
Sarah and I went and watched a movie in Bangkok - we saw the trailer to that movie I think. It was pretty awful. Thai cinemas were definitely an adventure!
Post a Comment