Sunday, March 01, 2009

Surprising things children pick up

I was talking to my 4 y.o son tonight after dinner. I don't know exactly how the conversation came up but it went something like this:-
Rich: We're here to tell people about Jesus because lots of people here don't know about him
Son: Yeah, lots of people in the world don't know about Jesus. What are we going to do?
Rich: Well, we need to tell people about Jesus don't we.
Son: Yeah.
Rich: Now I know its sometimes its hard being here and you know it's going to be hard when we get back to Australia too. You'll be a bit different from the other boys and they might tease you. But you can ask God to help you.
Son: I know. I'll ask God to forgive them because they don't know what they're doing.
Rich: (Pause in astonishment). Yeah. That's right son. Great thought.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're teaching him well! :)

Absolutely adorable!!

Dene said...

Fantastic! Great to hear how he's growing up.

Our 4y.o. has been asking what different movies/characters "believe in":

In Star Wars Dad, what do they believe in?

What about Wall-E Dad, what does he believe in?

Makes for some very interesting drive time conversation!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Are you planning to go back to Australia then?

Richard Cho said...

We'll be on home assignment for almost a year in 2011. Still nearly another 2 years to go but never too early to be teaching our children in these areas.

Rich