Saturday, June 19, 2010

English teaching opportunities galore

Since we've been back there have been plenty of new opportunities to teach English in Lampang.  I've started to teach at a local tutoring school for highschoolers (photo above).  The co-owner of the academy (Golf) I've known since our first months in Lampang.  For part of the lesson I'm using the "Big Picture Story Bible" and reading one of the stories with comprehension questions afterward.  With over 50 students it's hard to teach conversational English.  I'm teaching there again this afternoon.  A woman went to Golf this week asking if he was able to help her son prepare for an interview for an American Foundation in Thailand which gives Thai students a chance to study and travel overseas.  So Golf directed her to me.  So this week I'm helping this woman's son with interview skills.  Also, I was contacted by a couple who run a fruit drink shop, whether we could help at another tutoring academy which had just opened.     

Obviously, we can't take up all these opportunities, but they have been a way of making new contacts and hopefully through them we can find people who are seeking Christ.  It does show that more and more people know about us now than before.

However, if we had some short-terms staying for an extended period of time, they could take up these opportunities and our team for other opportunities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great mate! Keep on being creative for the Lord!!

Scott