
Well its happening again in Thailand. The army has been called in to disperse "Red Shirt" protestors in Bangkok. About 70 people have been injured. Normally these protests don't affect us in Lampang but the highway from Lampang to Chiang Mai has been blockaded by the protestors. I have to go to Chiang Mai every Friday but this week the appointment was already cancelled so I don't need to worry.
A fellow missionary has written already about what is happening with links to video footage so go there for the latest (Bangkok Protests).
Please pray for the situation in Thailand. I don't think it will get to the stage where we will need to leave the country, but I'm thinking maybe I should have applied for my daughter's passport sooner. I hasn't been done yet because it means a trip to Bangkok and we don't go there very often. We need to be in Bangkok next month to renew visas and apply for our daughter's passport. Hopefully things will have settled down by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment