Thursday, April 02, 2009

Day in a life of a missionary

Unwillingly woken up at 5am by our baby's crying. Tried in vain to get back to sleep. Two other children woken up by the baby. So the day starts much, much earlier than I'd like. Rush our two boys to their respective schools and then start journeying to Chiang Mai where we are due for our language checks at 10:30am. On the way to Chiang Mai I notice that the rear window of the car is unusually opaque. I suspect that it is due to the fuel leak I discovered yesterday afternoon under the car. The petrol is decreasing faster than normal and I quitely praying that we get to Chiang Mai. Arrive in Chiang Mai at 9:45am, earlier than expected so we try to make it to the insurance agent to renew my car insurance. Take a wrong turn. Make it to the insurance office at 10:10am. Rushing out by 10:20am. Notice a large pool of petrol collecting on the gutter next to our car. Hmmm... petrol leak is a bigger problem then I thought. Arrive 5 minutes late to my language check. Pass our language checks. Relief. Our plans to have a nice lunch in Chiang Mai deferred. Need to rush back to Lampang to try to get the petrol leak fixed. 1:45pm, the mechanics inform me that tt is a major job to fix the leak so we won't get the car back until noon tomorrow at the earliest. The service centre offers to drive me back home but I say that I need to pick up my kids from school. No problem they will take me. Pick up the kids. Watch bits and pieces of Australia vs Ubekistan in the world cup qualifer online. Feel guilty that Lisa is watching the kids as she is very tired. Diner, bath kids, rush off to teach English at the Lighthouse. Two students ring to say that they can't make it. Only Tai turns up. We start working on a translation of the Chronilogical Bible Stories. Back home. Read the SMH online about the Australia vs Ubekistan game. Get ready for bed. Glad day is over. Lisa and I are both pretty exhausted. Golf tomorrow at 5:45am!

1 comment:

anita said...

whoa! what a day!!

this morning my day started just after 3am. A complained of pain. later went to dr, inflamed ears, vomiting ... not a happy chappy. Sleeping well now -praise God!